home tutorials features parties custom orders

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Lulu Dress Pattern

This post is way, way, way overdue! About a year ago, Jessica from Craftiness is Not Optional came out with the Lulu Dress and Top Pattern, and I promised to make one and blog about it! I met half the promise since I sewed the dress immediately, but then one thing after another came up and I never took any photos of Ella wearing her Lulu dress. To make matters worse, I finally did take photos last September, but then I never wrote the post--until NOW!


So, so sorry, Jess, for the delay in sharing the news about your wonderful pattern. Ella wears her Lulu dress often and her wearing it today is what reminded me that it was way past time for me to share it.



On the weekends when Ella wants something comfy and girly to wear, she always pulls her Lulu dress out of the closet. The bodice is made with super soft cotton knit while the skirt is sewn from quilting cotton (Blend Fabric's Harmony collection by Jessica Swift). The larger print of fabric that I had wasn't quite long enough so I pieced a coordinating print to the bottom to get the length I needed.


The armhole and neck openings are hemmed with binding made from the same soft knit, and the cute little front pocket is fashioned from the quilting cotton. The skirt has pockets ideal for storing treasures, and the waistband is slightly fitted with elastic.


I honestly don't remember what size I made Ella, most likely a 6 or 7, but a year later, it still fits her well (it's just a little bit shorter on her now).

I love the mix of knit and woven fabrics which makes it great for using up smaller cuts of knit or even repurposing an old t-shirt. Since I doubt she'll be able to wear this one again next year, I suppose I should whip her up another one soon, but this time, I make no promises about when I'll be blogging about it!


Try out the Lulu Dress and Top Pattern from Craftiness is Not Optional (CINO) today!

Have FUN sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!