home tutorials features parties custom orders

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Cuddle Floor Pillow & Blanket Set

One of my most popular posts is my tutorial for a Cuddle Floor Pillow that I made for my children. The pillow is large, 20" x 30", has a zipper closure to allow for removal of the interior pillow form so that the cover may be washed, and includes a handle for ease of carrying. My children use these pillows all the time!

Recently, I shared the link to my tutorial on my sewVery Facebook page where a relative of mine saw it. She contacted me about sewing up a cuddle floor pillow and blanket set for her granddaughter, which I was more than happy to oblige. This is what I made for her!


Keep reading to find out what fabrics I used and how to make your own Cuddle Floor Pillow with my FREE tutorial!


For the front and back panel of the exterior pillow cover as well as the child-sized blanket, I used 2.5 yards of Cuddle Dimple in Charcoal by Shannon Fabrics. This fabric is so soft, and because it is of such high quality, the Cuddle doesn't stretch and make sewing with it a challenge.

The remaining exterior pillow cover pieces were sewn out of Ann Kelle's Urban Zoologie Kitties in Blush. I absolutely love Kelle's fabrics! Doesn't this print just make you smile?!


Because my own daughter loves kitty cats and this print so well, I had to sew this Cuddle Floor Pillow while she was at school or else run the risk of her insisting it was hers to keep! I have a little of the kitty fabric left, so I plan to make her something with it eventually.

The pillow piping and blanket trim were sewn with a black with white dot print that I have had for some time. Although I don't have the info from the selvage, I believe it is this Robert Kaufman Black by Pimatex Basics print.

The interior pillow form was sewn out of white muslin and then filled with a generous amount of Fairfield Poly-fil. Since the floor pillow will be used often, I tend to over-stuff it slightly so that it will remain full and comfortable once the Poly-fil compresses slightly over time.

The Cuddle Floor Pillow and Blanket set are officially in the mail to my cousin now. I hope she and her granddaughter enjoy it!


Want to make your own Cuddle Floor Pillow and Blanket set? Then click the link below!

Cuddle Floor Pillow Tutorial


Thanks to my friend, Lindsay of Lindsay Sews, for photographing the pillow and blanket for this post.

Have FUN sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!